We offer electric conversions for Aga cookers using the 'Electrikit' conversion kit with independently controlled ovens and hot plates.
We can convert your 2 or 4 oven Aga cooker from oil or gas to Electric.
Now is the perfect time to convert your Aga to Electricity. In 2018 a record 33.3% of the UK's electricity supply was generated from renewable sources, primarily onshore and offshore wind generation ( UK Government Statistics: ).
Reasons to convert:
- Improved heat up times: Top oven from cold to 200°C takes 1 hour 45 mins (approx times), Hot plates cold to frying 10 minutes (approx times)
- More precise oven Temperature with digitally controlled thermostat
- No servicing required
- No flammable fuels needed, no Carbon Monoxide risk
- No flue system
- Flexible controls meaning the Aga can be cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- Simple to use control panel
- Timers can be used for oven and hot plates
- Reduced running costs
2 Oven Aga cooker:
One element sits between the 2 ovens that controls the oven temperatures. The temperature is controlled by a simple easy to use digital control. Simply set the desired temperature on the digital control and the top oven will heat up to desired setting. From cold to 200°C this takes approx 1 hour 45 minutes. The hot plates are independently controlled using their own thermostats and elements. Frying from cold takes approx 15 minutes.
4 Oven Aga cooker:
An extra element with its own control is added to heat up the left hand ovens.
2 x 13 amp fused switched spurs are required. Alternatively a split 30 amp supply can be used. We require this supply to be fitted by your electrician, then we can connect your converted Aga to this supply.
These are approx temperatures after the top oven as heated up and been allowed to settle for around 30 minutes.
- Top 160°C, Bottom 100°C
- Top 200°C, Bottom 135°C
- Top 230°C, Bottom 160°C
Every household will use the Aga cooker differently so it is difficult to have an exact idea of running costs. Here is an example of usage:
- Autumn 3 months, timed operation, 454 kW used
- Winter 3 months, 24 hour operation, 708 kW used
- Spring 3 months, timed operation, 615 kW used
- Summer 3 months, manually operated, 287 kW used
- The hobs were used only when required, this gave a total annual usage of 2064 kW used.
Heating from cold:
- Hobs: from cold to 365°C, 30 minutes, 0.7 kW used
- Oven: from cold to 200°C, 1hr 35 minutes, 2.7 kW used
- Oven: from cold to 235°C, 2hr 2 minutes, 3.6 kW used